Children, young people and vulnerable adults have
the right to participate in and be safe in the services provided for them by
The Art Ministry regardless of age, race,
disability, culture or gender. This includes a right to protection from
The Art Ministry
Combined Safeguarding Policy for Children, Young People, and Vulnerable
Adults (“Combined Safeguarding Policy”) aims to ensure that an
overarching approach to safeguarding covers all services provided by The Art
Art Ministry will promote the welfare and protection of children, young
people and vulnerable adults within all services by:
• Respecting the rights, wishes, feelings and privacy of children, young
people and vulnerable adults.
• Raising awareness among trustees, staff, volunteers, contractors, etc. of
the safeguarding duty placed on them and on The Art Ministry.
• Taking seriously and responding appropriately and promptly to all concerns,
incidents and allegations.
• Providing training appropriate to the level of involvement with children,
young people and vulnerable adults to ensure that trustees, staff and
volunteers understand the different forms of abuse as well as their roles and
responsibilities under the Charity’s various codes of conduct and the
Combined Safeguarding Policy.
• Ensuring that everyone knows how to record and report safeguarding
concerns, incidents and allegations.
• Requiring organisations that the Charity works with or that provide the
Charity with services, to have appropriate safeguarding procedures and
training in place and to use an appropriate safeguarding policy.
• Ensuring that unsuitable people are prevented from working with children,
young people and vulnerable adults through The Art Ministry's ‘Safer
• Not tolerating harassment of any trustees, staff, volunteers, contracted
service providers or children, young people or vulnerable adults who raise concerns of abuse.
• Preventing abuse by promoting good practice, creating a safe and healthy
environment and avoiding situations where abuse or allegations of abuse
policy applies to all services within the scope of The Art Ministry. In
addition to staff and trustees, it also applies to volunteers, outside
organisations delivering services on behalf of The Art Ministry and
In order to stay at the forefront of
safeguarding, The Art Ministry is committed to reviewing its safeguarding
policies and procedures at least on an annual basis.
Combined Safeguarding Policy
- click to download
Safeguarding - Report of Concern
Form - click to download